This one-day course empowers business analysts and IT Pros to develop enterprise models with Power BI Desktop. It focuses on advanced model design techniques, and DirectQuery and Composite model development.
Attendees learn to:
- Apply Star Schema design practices to optimize model designs
- Develop DirectQuery models
- Develop Composite models
- Enforce row-level security to deliver the right data to report users
- Compare benefits and limitations to determine the appropriate model type
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on enterprise modeling experiences with the Power BI service. It also describes Power BI Premium features, although it is not a requirement that you work with the Power BI Premium subscription.
This course does not cover Power BI import modeling, or DAX foundational skills. These topics are covered in the two-day Power BI for the Business Analyst course, which is considered prerequisite training.
Ideally, attendees have:
- Power BI Desktop skills to develop import data models
- Power BI report development skills
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows 7 computer, or later, network-enabled for Internet access
- The latest version of Power BI Desktop, 32- or 64-bit
- A PDF viewer (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, or a web browser)
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- Course book
- Labs and activities