This two-day course empowers business analysts to design, develop and publish robust Power BI Desktop solutions. It focuses on import model development and solution-oriented DAX theory and practice.
Attendees will learn to:
- Work productively with Power BI Desktop
- Use Power Query to prepare and integrate data to load model tables
- Configure model relationships
- Enhance model designs with date tables, hierarchies, calculations and reporting properties
- Use DAX to create common and useful model calculations
- Use DAX and manually entered data to create model tables
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on business analyst experiences with Power BI Desktop for the Power BI service (or for Power BI Report Server).
This course does not cover report development, which is covered in the one-day Power BI for the Business User course.
Attendees must have:
- A general knowledge of data storage technologies and formats, including relational databases
- An understanding of the Power BI service (or Power BI Report Server)
- Power BI report development skills
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows 7 computer, or later, network-enabled for Internet access
- Power BI Desktop, latest version—either 32- or 64-bit
- Office 2013, or later—either 32- or 64-bit
- A PDF viewer (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, or a web browser with a PDF add-in)
- Internet access, to download the course resources and access cloud data sources and resources
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- Course book
- Labs and activities