This one-day course empowers business users to design, create, publish and share compelling Power BI reports and dashboards.
Attendees learn to:
- Work productively with the Power BI service, including mobile delivery
- Import and connect to simple data sources, including CSV files and Excel workbooks
- Create rich, interactive reports to support analysis
- Assemble dashboards to support monitoring
- Effectively share, collaborate on, and distribute Power BI content
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on business user experiences with the Power BI service. The reporting topics are also relevant to Power BI Report Server.
This course uses Power BI Desktop as a report authoring tool, but it does not cover data modeling. It is a prerequisite for the two-day Power BI for the Business Analyst course, which covers import data modeling.
Ideally, attendees have:
- A general knowledge of data storage technologies and formats
- Proficiency with Excel
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows computer, network-enabled for Internet access
- A web browser supported by Power BI
- The latest version of Power BI Desktop, 32- or 64-bit
- Office Excel 2007, or later—either 32- or 64-bit
- A PDF viewer (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, or a web browser)
All attendees will be provided with a trial Power BI account to complete the labs.
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- Course book
- Labs and activities