This one-day course empowers business users to design, create, publish and share compelling Power BI reports and dashboards.
Attendees will learn to:
- Work productively with the Power BI service, including mobile delivery
- Import and connect to common data sources, including Excel workbooks
- Create rich, interactive reports
- Assemble dashboards
- Effectively share Power BI content
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on business user experiences with the Power BI service. The reporting and Q&A topics are also relevant to Power BI Report Server.
This course does not cover Power BI Desktop. This course is a prerequisite for the Power BI for the Business Analyst course which covers all capabilities of Power BI Desktop.
Attendees must have:
- A general knowledge of data storage technologies and formats
- Basic experience working with Excel
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows or Mac computer, network-enabled for Internet access
- A web browser supported by Power BI
- Office Excel 2007, or later—either 32- or 64-bit
All attendees will be provided with a trial Power BI account to complete the labs.
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- Course book