This one-day course empowers developers to embed and extend Power BI, and to deliver real-time Power BI dashboards.
Attendees learn to:
- Embed Power BI analytics, consisting of reports, report visuals, dashboards, dashboards tiles, and the Q&A experience
- Enforce row-level security to deliver the right data to application users
- Work with custom visuals and custom connectors
- Deliver real-time Power BI dashboards, with streaming datasets, the Power BI REST API, and Azure Stream Analytics
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on developer experiences with the Power BI service to embed and extend Power BI. This course does not cover Power BI content creation or sharing.
Attendees must have:
- Coding experience, preferably with Visual C#
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows 7 computer, or later, network-enabled for Internet access
- Power BI Desktop, latest version—either 32- or 64-bit
- Visual Studio installed (2015, 2017, 2019 or Community), with web tools (ASP.NET and web development)
- Google Chrome
All attendees will be provided with a trial Power BI account to complete the labs.
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- Course book