Power BI for the Data Consumer
This two-hour course empowers data consumers to sign in to Power BI, access pre-published content, and productively view, explore and manage reports and dashboards.
Note: The topics and activities in this course can be customized to work directly with Power BI content owned by your organization.
Attendees will learn to:
- Work productively with the Power BI service, including mobile delivery
- Access shared content, and apps
- View, explore and manage reports
- View, explore and manage dashboards
- Ask questions and discover quick insights from dashboards
This course is based on the current offering of Microsoft Power BI, with a focus on data consumer experiences with the Power BI service. This course does not cover Power BI content creation or sharing.
Attendees must have:
- Basic experience working with web browsers and apps
- An understanding of key concepts relevant to business analytics
Attendees are required to have their own computer that must meet minimum requirements:
- A Windows or Mac computer, network-enabled for Internet access
- A web browser supported by Power BI
All attendees will be provided with a trial Power BI account to complete the labs.
A classroom delivery includes:
- Instructor presentation and demonstrations
- A New Generation of BI
- Introducing Power BI
- Power BI Roles
- Power BI Licensing
- Power BI Portal
- Power BI Content Types
- Accessing Power BI Content
- Mobile Delivery
- Viewing Reports
- Exploring Reports
- Managing Reports
- Viewing Dashboards
- Exploring Dashboards
- Asking Questions with Q&A
- Discovering Quick Insights
- Managing Dashboards
This course has not been designed to prepare attendees for Microsoft certification.
Hands on added much needed context to the course theory.
Liked the combination of presentation, demonstration and activities. It was a well balanced class.
Good foundations and starting point to further explore.
It was very engaging. 😊